Apr 4, 2010

My first birds

I can proudly present to you my first shots of birds I've taken during last few days. I don't know if they are any good but they exist, and that's what is the most important to me:)

The firts photo presents a bird of no name right now... but I'm sure that "Holdingmoments" or "Abraham" know this species. If you could tell me, I would be really grateful, guys:)

The second and the third photo present a starling (I hope). They are very common where I live. In fact, they took over the two nest boxes we had prepared for blackbirds.





5 comments:

  1. Your first birds are excellent Joanna; especially the first one. Be very proud of them.
    I'm assuming you have similar birds in Poland to what we have here, so a guess would be a Chiffchaff.
    Starlings seem to be everywhere in the world. Noisy and bold; but I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanna. I've just stopped by via Keith's blog.
    The 'Leaf'(Phylloscopus) warbler looks very much like a Chiffchaff. It may help to lighten the image background so you can see more detail and the yellow underparts.
    Lovely photography on your blog. Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. Two independent opinions and Chiffchaff appears twice. It must be this little guy then:)

    Thanks, Frank and Keith. I know that in case of bird photography I have to learn a lot, but your opinions are very nice, thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just found out that this bird is called Pierwiosnek in Polish:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not seen this particular bird here in America. I have seen the Starlings here as they are everywhere. Their young are really nice looking birds.

    ReplyDelete